Street Lighting

Street Light Outages

The City of Spokane Valley maintains those streetlights that are attached to traffic signal poles. All other streetlights are maintained by the local utility company that owns them.

To report a streetlight outage near your house, please call your local utility company.

Phone Numbers

  • Avista Utilities: 800-227-9187
  • Inland Power and Light: 509-747-7151
  • Modern Electric Water Company: 509-928-4540
  • Vera Water and Power: 509-924-3800

Street Light Installation

Street Light Installation Our current policy on installing new streetlights is limited to locations with traffic safety issues (sharp curves, major intersections) or areas with high pedestrian volumes crossing a road. Please call or email the traffic engineering department to request a new installation.

Some utility companies may be able to install area lights in residential areas if a homeowner is willing to pay the monthly bill. Contact your local utility for more information.