Benefits for Regular Full-Time Employees
- Medical: The city provides medical, dental, and vision coverage for regular employees and their dependents. Employee premiums are modest and depend on the employee's plan choice and number of dependents.
- Paid Leave
- Holidays: 11 Paid Holidays
- Vacation: 8 to 15 hours of vacation leave depending upon years of service (Max of 360 hours)
- Sick Leave: 8 hours/month
- Regular, part-time employees receive a pro-rata share of their compensation for each approved holiday, vacation, and sick leave
- Group Life Insurance: The City provides employees with Group Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage. Supplemental term life insurance is available to employees and their spouses as an optional benefit and requires an employee contribution.
- Social Security: The city participates in a social security replacement program through ICMA Retirement Corporation (401A). Employees and the City each contribute an amount equal to what they would contribute to Social Security.
- Retirement: The City participates in the Washington State Department of Retirement System's Public Employee Retirement System (PERS). Employees are covered based on their rules of coverage and are vested after five or ten years of service in the PERS program depending upon the plan chosen.
- Deferred Compensation: The City offers a 457(k) Deferred Compensation plan. This is an optional benefit to the employee.
- Hours of Work: The City's hours of operation are 8 am to 5 pm. Monday through Friday except for holidays.
This webpage does not necessarily reflect current benefits as they are subject to change. For a current statement of applicable benefit levels and options, inquiries may be made by emailing the City's Human Resources Department at or by calling 509-720-5111.