The City Clerk’s office assists and supports the public and city departments by making available the records necessary for the city to advance its administrative, legal, and legislative function. The City Clerk is responsible for managing municipal records, coordinating the production of City Council agendas, providing public notification, and producing official meeting minutes. The Clerk also coordinates city elections, is the official Public Records Officer of the city, and serves as the agent to receive claims for damages against the city.
The City Clerk’s office was created by Spokane Valley Municipal Code 2.20.010 and by Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 35A.13.090. It is the mission of the City Clerk’s Office to serve as a primary point of contact for the public and for staff regarding the actions of the City Council, and to maintain and produce documents that enable the public to participate in local government. We strive to fulfill this mission in an accurate, timely and courteous manner.
Records maintained by City Clerk
- Documents in Laserfiche Archive (resolutions, ordinances, interlocal agreements, property documents and more).
Functions of the City Clerk
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos of Council Meetings - Including current and past meetings.
- Claim for Damages form - The City Clerk is the agent to receive damage claims.
- Council Terms - Council terms are staggered so not all are up for election at once.
- Elections - Elections are coordinated with Spokane County Elections Department.
- Logo - The logo is trademarked; please submit a use request via email to the City Clerk.
- Municipal Code - A compilation of the City's laws and regulations.
- Public Records Requests - Request document copies or request to view documents
- Volunteer Opportunities - Current openings for volunteer service on various boards and commissions.