Painted Hills Residential Development Application
The City of Spokane Valley received an application for a Planned Residential Development (PRD) located at 4403 S. Dishman Mica Rd in July 2015. The site was formerly the Painted Hills Golf Course.
Background Information and Timeline
- The proposal includes 580 dwelling units comprised of 300 single family homes and 280 multifamily units, neighborhood commercial space suitable for small scale retail, office and other neighborhood services, and 30 acres of dedicated open space.
- On July 24, 2015, the application for the PRD was submitted.
- On August 14, 2015, the application was deemed complete.
- On August 21, 2015, the application was distributed to all City staff and agencies with jurisdiction for review. Additionally, the Notice of Application was mailed to all property owners directly adjacent to the site.
- On September 8, 2017, a Determination of Significance and Request for Comments on Scope of Environmental Impact Statement was issued.
- On September 25, 2017, an EIS Scoping Meeting was conducted to receive public comment on issues to be discussed in the environmental impact statement.
- On Nov. 9, 2017, a Scoping Status Summary Document was issued.
- On Aug. 20, 2018, the applicant submitted an amended and restated SEPA checklist and other materials that modified the proposed site design in order to pursue a Conditional Letter of Map Revision - Fill (CLOMR-F) from FEMA. This design update to pursue a CLOMR-F approval represents a change in the FEMA re-map effort for the project.
- On October 26, 2018, a Determination of Significance for Revised Project Proposal and Request for Comments on Scope of an EIS has been issued and can be viewed on the SEPA page.
- On April 2, 2021, the applicant submitted a revised Draft Environmental impact statement (DEIS) and on June 9, 2021 the City determined that the draft of the DEIS would meet the minimum requirements for a DEIS pursuant to WAC 197-11-405, 197-11-425, 197-11-430 and 197-11-440 and SVMC 21.20.110.
- On July 16, 2021, the City released the DEIS for agency and public review. The DEIS can be viewed on the SEPA-DEIS page.
- On June 6, 2023, the City released the Final EIS (FEIS) for public review. The appeal period expired on June 20, 2023.
- On June 16, 2023 an appeal of the adequacy of the FEIS was received.
The next steps require a public hearing to be conducted by the Spokane Valley Hearing Examiner to consider the Appeal and the Subdivision and Planned Residential Development application. At this time, no date has been established for the public hearing. Pursuant to Spokane Valley Municipal Code 17.80.060 and 17.90.010 the Hearing Examiner makes the final decision on all SEPA appeals, PRD’s, and Subdivisions.
Process at a Glance Documents
Subdivision (Plat/PRD) Application
Project Technical Reports
SEPA Documents - 2015 to July 2016, 2021
Draft Environmental Impact Statement - SEPA DEIS (released July 16, 2021)
Painted Hills Project - Agency Comments
Floodplain Map Revision - documents
Council Meeting Presentations
Painted Hills Project - Public Comments
Other Documents on Laserfiche
Additional Chester Creek Watershed Documents