The city manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the city. In addition to providing support needed to achieve the City Council's goals for the community, the city manager is a critical link between the council, the city organization, and the people of Spokane Valley.
Because all city employees report directly or indirectly to the city manager, his top priorities include efficient, cost-effective services provided by well-qualified, motivated employees who are committed to customer service excellence.
The city manager oversees the development of the city's annual business plan, contract administration and analysis, and public information/communications.
Our mission is to provide the City Council and employees with leadership and useful advice, and implement best practices to achieve adopted goals and deliver quality services to the community.
Executive & Legislative Support Divisions
- City Attorney
- City Clerk
- Contract Administration and Analysis
- Finance Department
- Human Resources
- Legislative Policy Services
- Police Services (provided under contract with Spokane County Sheriff's Office)
- Public Information & Communications
- Review archived Business Plans (note: this document was integrated into the annual budget document in 2022).