Park Rules & Regulations
Park restrooms are open April 15 to October 15.
Please help protect our parks and respect the safety and enjoyment of others.
Summary of Municipal Code Rules & Regulations
- Park patrons are only permitted after hours if approved through a City special event permit or when participating in a City sponsored program.
- Camping in City parks and facilities is regulated pursuant to chapter 7.50 SVMC.
- Camping is prohibited at Mirabeau Point Park, CenterPlace Regional Event Center, and Balfour Park.
- Pets must be leashed at all times, except at Valley Mission Pet Park; pet owners are responsible for removal of all pet waste.
- Horses are prohibited in all City parks and facilities.
- Alcoholic beverages and drugs, including marijuana, need to stay home, as they are prohibited in parks, or in cars in parking lots.
- Hitting golf balls at a City park or facility is prohibited.
- Graffiti, defacing, damaging, modifying, or removing any park facility or property is prohibited.
- Trails and turf are for foot traffic, so please keep your motor vehicles on designated roadways and parking lots.
- High-Risk or damaging activities are not allowed in any City park except by special event permit.
- Open fires and fireworks are prohibited.
- Projectiles cannot be in parks, which include archery, air/gas weapons, and explosive devices.
- No person shall launch, operate, or land an airborne vehicle while standing on or in any City park or facility, except in areas specifically designated and posted by the City for such use.
- Selling or soliciting any goods, services, food or beverage is prohibited except by written approval from the City. This also includes handbills or signs, including campaign signs.
- No littering or dumping of household or vehicle waste.
- You will need a permit to project/amplify any type of sound that can be heard over 30 feet away, including music.
- Skateboards, rollerblades, or bicycles are not allowed in Discovery Playground, or on tennis courts, basketball courts, ball fields, stages, pavilions, stairways, rails, walls, tables, benches, or other park structures.
Exceptions by written permit only. Enforceable as per Chapter 6.05 of Spokane Valley Municipal Code.
In case of emergency, dial 911.
Except as expressly allowed in Chapter 5.04 of Spokane County code, it is unlawful for any person to allow or permit their pet to run at large. Pets must be on leashes in Spokane Valley Parks and owners must clean up after their pets. Dogipot bag dispensers are available in parks for your convenience.
Enjoy the local wildlife, but please do not feed, approach, or capture.
Coyotes have been spotted more and more frequently in urban areas across the country. Coyotes are extremely wary, and are more afraid of you. The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife offers helpful information and tips you can use.
Parks & Recreation Department
2426 N Discovery Place
CenterPlace Regional Event Ctr
Spokane Valley, WA 99216
2426 N Discovery Place CenterPlace Regional Event Ctr Spokane Valley WA 99216
Phone: 509-720-5200Fax: 509-720-5250
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm.
April 15 through October 15
6 am to 9 pm
October 16 through April 14
6 am to 7 pm