Spokane Valley Senior Center
Join us for a Senior Resource Fair on August 21
Celebrate Senior Citizens Day by attending the Senior Resource Fair on Monday, Aug. 21. More than 30 vendors will provide information about local resources and programs for older adults in the Greater Spokane Valley Area. This event is free and located at CenterPlace from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come early to visit vendor booths, grab a lunch from Meals on Wheels and take a tour of the Spokane Valley Senior Center! For more information, call 509-926-1937.
About the Senior Center
The Center is generally open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Its purpose is to promote fellowship, health, recreation, social and education activities for persons 50 years of age and older, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry. The Senior Center is a partnership between the City of Spokane Valley and the Spokane Valley Senior Citizens Association. The Center is located at CenterPlace, just east of the YMCA, in Spokane Valley.
The Senior Center offers a year-round variety of activities including social, recreational, educational, and nutritional programs to meet the interests of seniors 50 years of age and older. Those programs include but are not limited to bingo, card games, Wii bowling, aerobics, billiards, table tennis, art classes, dances, referral services and more!
- Meals on Wheels: The Spokane Valley Silver Café is open Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. If you are aged 60 or older, you can receive home-delivered meals. Please call the Meals on Wheels office at 509-924-6976.
- ACT 2 Community Colleges of Spokane: For class options call 509-279-6030 for more information.
- Medicare: Please call Aging & Long Term Care of Eastern Washington (ALTCEW) at 509-625-4801 and leave a message. A volunteer from the ALTCEW will contact you to answer questions by phone or arrange for an in-person meeting.
- Tax Assistance: Contact AARP at 888-227-7669.
- Retire Guide: Senior Scams: The Complete Guide
Join over 500 active seniors in the Spokane Valley and find out what you've been missing! As a member, you will automatically receive a detailed monthly newsletter with information including:
- Current activities (PDF)
- ACT 2 class location
- Special events
- Day trips and longer tours
- Referrals and Resources
- Health Seminars and Services
- Senior Wellness Information
- Board Member news and updates
- Articles on senior activities, conferences, and programs in this area
- Much, Much More!
Annual Membership Dues: $25 per person or $45 per couple.
How to Become a Member: Membership registration must be done in person at the Senior Center. Dues are paid at the time of registration, exact cash or check accepted.
Questions? Call the Senior Center and a staff person or volunteer will be more than happy to assist you. Go directly to the Senior Center Website
Senior Center Volunteer Information
Interested in Volunteering? The Spokane Valley Senior Center is always looking for volunteers. Some common volunteer positions are:
- Activity leader
- Front desk reception: includes answering questions in-person and over the phone, collecting membership dues, registering for membership and more! This is a once-a-week 4-hour time commitment.
- Activity Preparation
- Organizing supplies and documents
- And more!
If you have a couple of hours a week to spare we would love to have you spend them with us! Call 509-926-1937 for more information.