Permits & Rentals
- Park facilities may be used free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis, as long as the space is available and not reserved already.
- The reservation season for all park facilities is from April 15 to October 15 of each year. Reservation requests will be taken starting at 8 am on Monday, January 2, 2023, for 2023 reservations.
- Park restrooms are open April 15 to October 15.
- Splash Pads at Discovery Playground, Greenacres Park, Edgecliff Park, and Browns Park operate 10 am to 8 pm, May 15 through October 15.
Please Note: Shelter Reservations are predefined, set times, and include setup and takedown.
Set times: 9 am to 2 pm and 4 to 9 pm.
If a reservation is needed prior to 9 am and/or in two blocks of continuous time, please indicate on the Facility Usage Application. An additional fee will be required.
Note: Discovery Playground has two small shelters outside the playground perimeter fencing available for reservations: Shelter Number 1 - West, and Shelter Number 2 - East. In addition to the large red shelter at Browns Park, there is a Small Green shelter also.
Set times for these smaller shelters: 10 am to noon, 1 to 3 pm, 4 to 6 pm.
Reservation Fees for Fewer Than 200 People
|Browns Park - Large Red||$100||5 hours maximum|
|Browns Park - Small Green||$40||2 hours maximum|
|Discovery Playground 1 - West||$40||2 hours maximum|
|Discovery Playground 2 - East||$40||2 hours maximum|
|Edgecliff Park||$100||5 hours maximum|
|Greenacres Park - Large||$100||5 hours maximum|
|Mirabeau Meadows||$100||5 hours maximum|
|(Add Stage to Mirabeau Meadows Shelter Reservation)||Add $50||5 hours maximum|
|Mirabeau Springs - Contact CenterPlace to Reserve||2 hours maximum|
|Mirabeau Springs - Event Photos Only - Contact CenterPlace||1 hour maximum|
|Sullivan Park||$100||5 hours maximum|
|Terrace View Park||$100||5 hours maximum|
|Valley Mission Park||$100||5 hours maximum|
- Edgecliff Park
- Terrace View Park
- Valley Mission Park
- First hour: $26
- Each additional hour: $15
Plus a $75 refundable Damage Deposit is required for all above park and ball field reservations.
Wedding ceremonies/receptions require a $300 refundable Damage Deposit.
Full payment of all fees and deposits must accompany the Facility Usage Application (PDF) in order to request a reservation. Your request is subject to approval by the Parks and Recreation Director or designee.
Effective January 1, 2018, per City Council Resolution, all credit/debit card transactions will now be charged a 2.5% processing fee. Cash, check, or money order are still accepted, with no processing fee required.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Reservation Fee For 200 or More People &/or Event Fee
An Event Reservation Fee for picnic shelters is required in lieu of the standard shelter reservation fee for all:
- Groups of 200 or more people
- Groups plus or minus 200 with high risk activities, such as all sporting activities
- Car shows
|All Picnic Shelters||$175||5 hours maximum|
|All Picnic Shelters (groups with 501(c)3 non-profit proof)||$100||5 hours maximum|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||$300||N/A|
Insurance coverage is required for all events with high-risk activities, including all sporting activities, car shows, etc. The proof of liability must be submitted in order to receive a Facility Permit, and must name the City of Spokane Valley as an additional insured for at least $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate.
Download the Facility Usage Application (PDF).
Alcohol is not permitted in City Parks, with the exception of Mirabeau Springs. Please contact CenterPlace 509-720-5200 to reserve. Alcohol Permit information for Mirabeau Springs:
- There is a $10 fee for a City of Spokane Valley Alcoholic Beverage Permit.
- Proof of liability insurance ($1 million/$2 million aggregate coverage) with Alcohol Endorsement naming the City of Spokane Valley as additional insured is required.
- Insurance can be purchased from the WCIA at the Parks and Recreation office at 2426 N Discovery Place. Payment can only be made by VISA or Mastercard.
- Insurance costs start at $151 for an event with fewer than 100 people attending.
- The appropriate Washington State Banquet Permit fee is $10 and can be obtained online or
- A Special Occasion License is required if you are inviting the public to attend your event. The cost is $60 and has a 45-day processing period.
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining the proper permits at least 14 days prior to their event.
See the Application for Alcoholic Beverage Permit.
Park Reservation Limitations
- The maximum number of people allowed per reservation is 400.
- Park shelter reservation fees at Browns, Edgecliff, Greenacres, Mirabeau Meadows, Sullivan, Terrace View, and Valley Mission are for a maximum of five hours per reservation.
- Two consecutive reservations may be accepted from one group; reserving a shelter 6 to 10 hours at the above parks constitutes two paid reservations.
- Shelter reservation fees at Mirabeau Springs are for a maximum of two hours per reservation; reserving the shelter 3 to 4 hours constitutes two paid reservations.
- A maximum of two reservations will be accepted per day at each shelter, with the exception of Discovery Playground and Browns Park-Small Green, where three a day are allowed.
- The Parks and Recreation Department may allow more than two reservations per day at Mirabeau Springs, if the reservations are for event photos in one-hour blocks.
- Car Show reservations are limited to four per calendar year and are authorized at Mirabeau Meadows only.
Click here for entire Park Reservations Administrative Policy